UPS for FreeBSD

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Wed Nov 26 16:41:29 UTC 2014

dweimer <dweimer at dweimer.net> writes:

> On 11/25/2014 9:48 pm, Alejandro Imass wrote:

>> - Tripp Lite ECO Series 350VA UPS
>> - Tripp Lite ECO Series 550VA UPS
>
> Not sure about the Tripp Lite models listed, I didn't see 350VA or
> 550VA in the list, but I am not as familiar with there models, so they
> may be compatible with other Trip Lite models listed.  A quick check
> would be to install NUT on your server, and look through the
> /usr/local/etc/nut/driver.list file.  It also contains comments,
> listing website information to get more information about the
> supported drivers.

Those don't look like they're actually Tripp Lite model numbers. They're
just battery capacities. But the "ECO" series means they're almost
certainly supported by the standard USB/HID protocols, so they should
work. They may not support all functionality that the hardware can
communicate, but enough to shut your hardware down safely and turn it on
again when power returns.