Fwd: Re: problem compiling pidgin 2.10.10

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Tue Nov 25 18:56:48 UTC 2014

El día Tuesday, November 25, 2014 a las 10:39:02AM -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke escribió:

> On 11/24/14 2:47 PM, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> >
> > Please see below, how the problem was solved and what was causing it.
> >
> > To Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at freebsd.org>, net-im/pidgin is not facing the
> > problem because it builds pidgin with --disable-consoleui and due to
> > this without the finch part.
>
> Well, this is because we have a slave port for finch.  However, the
> "fix" looks like a workaround for when another port is installed.  I
> don't have the tinfo library in /usr/local/lib.  Can I assume you have a
> new ncurses installed?

Yes, the shared lib libtinfow.so.5.9 comes on both systems with ncurses
from the ports.

> Does this patch work with the base OS?

I don't know, perhaps it will not.

We can ignore all this for the port net-im/pidgin if we do not build the
pidgin/finch.

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, guru at unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/ +49-170-4527211
1989-2014: The Wall was torn down so that we go to war together again.