Static routing

"Dante F. B. Colò" dante01010 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 21:24:38 UTC 2014

Hello everyone

I'm trying to setup some static routes on a freebsd  box for some public
addresses , the machine has two ethernet cards *em0 *and *em1 ***, *em0*
is attached to a Cisco internet router and *em1* is connected to a
switch, both interfaces have  public addresses of the same range , *em1
*appears has absolutely no communication  ,  i took a look at the static
routes and there is a route for the subnet that it goes to *em0* , i'm
trying to add a static route for the ip address pointing to the***em1
*without pass gateway using *-iface* parameter but always returns
"Network unreachble", someone can help me or give some tips to fix this
? for many here this is probably a nooby question, we also have some
firewall Linux boxes that i'm gonna migrate to freebsd (also trying on
openbsd with the same problem) but first i have to solve this.

Best Regards
Dante F. B. Colò