/usr/src update

illoai at gmail.com illoai at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 00:53:09 UTC 2014

On 30 October 2014 17:48, francesco scaglione
<scaglione.francesco at neuf.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Would it be safe to remove the src component from
> freebsd-update.conf here as well or should I keep that?

Assuming you never do source updates of your base system,
(& given that you use freebsd-update, you probably don't ever)
& that you don't install any ports that require that /usr/src be
present to build (assuming you build ports from source rather
than just install pre-built packages), I can't think of a good
reason to keep it.

In any case, there's no harm in removing it, as its absence
won't affect a running system, & it can be easily restored
should the need arise.

Good luck!