Installing Windows *after* FreeBSD

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Tue Nov 4 22:07:12 UTC 2014

On Tue, 4 Nov 2014 15:49:48 -0600 (CST), Valeri Galtsev wrote:

> On Tue, November 4, 2014 3:37 pm, Polytropon wrote:
> > On Tue, 04 Nov 2014 21:55:11 +0100, Christian Baer wrote:
> >
> >> If there is any documentation
> >> about using FreeBSD and Windows on one machine, it usually assumes that
> >> Windows was installed first.
> >
> > Yes, because it's less trouble. :-)
> >

> No, I would put it differently. Because FreeBSD (or Linux) know that other
> systems exist, whereas M$ (Windows) prefers not to know about existence of
> other OSes.

This is correct, I just didn't want to express it
that directly. Keep in mind that MICROS~1 invented
the PC, the Internet, the mouse, and the only OS
that exists is "Windows", so... you need additional
tools to repair what the "Windows" installer damaged.
Luckily, FreeBSD provides such tools natively (no
need to buy a 3rd party program). :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany