ZFS RaidZ - Only One HDD Light Active

Stephen R Guglielmo srguglielmo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 16:57:59 UTC 2014

Hi list,

I have a system that is running ZFS on root with raidZ across 4 disks. While sorting out another problem, I had the cover off on my server and noticed that only a single HDD activity light is lighting up. Only disk #3, none of the other drives seem to be showing any activity. I've been scrubbing the zpool for a few hours now and didn't notice any other lights lighting up.

The system is a HP ProLiant with SATA disks. I was wondering if this seemed strange to anyone else.

-Steve