FreeBSD-10.0r. on Lenovo G780 (fwd)

Victor Sudakov vas at mpeks.tomsk.su
Fri May 30 04:31:46 UTC 2014

Aleksandr Rybalko wrote:

[dd]

> > Is there hope for KOI8-R support in vt?
>
> It is not so hard to implement, but I think we already did our long way
> to UTF-8, to make happy most of people.

It's difficult to make people happy by depriving them of choice. At
least, free people are like that.

> I'm from UA, and some time ago move to UTF for everything (almost). Now
> I have to care for KOI8-U only to speak UA or RU channels on IRC :)
> So maybe it's time? :)

In X I open some xterms with the KOI8-R charset and some uxterms with
the UTF-8 charset. So am I already thinking about switching to UTF-8,
but I don't like the idea of cutting KOI8-R off abruptly.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov at sibptus.tomsk.ru