FreeBSD-10.0r. on Lenovo G780

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Mon May 26 13:30:45 UTC 2014

On Mon, 26 May 2014, Victor Sudakov wrote:

> Warren Block wrote:
>>
>> In FreeBSD 9- and 10-Stable, the vt(4) device enables a graphics
>> console.  Switching to console from X works again.  In addition to
>> either 9- or 10-Stable, a kernel with the vt device must be built.
>> There is a sample kernel config file included with both.
>
> Where is it? I have searched "device.*vt" in /usr/src/sys/conf/NOTES
> and /usr/src/sys/amd64/conf/NOTES on 9.2-STABLE, there are only vte
> and vtnet devices.

The sample VT kernel config file is /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/VT and
/usr/src/sys/amd64/conf/VT.

> [root at vas /usr/src/sys] svn info | grep Revisi
> Revision: 266675
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=vt also comes out empty.

Sorry, I just MFCed the man page yesterday, and the online man pages
have not been updated yet.  I'll look into that.  If you update to 9- or
10-Stable, it is 'man 4 vt', from /usr/src/share/man/man4/vt.4.  The
repository version is here:
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/stable/9/share/man/man4/vt.4?revision=266668&view=markup