FreeBSD-10.0r. on Lenovo G780

Istvan Galgand igalgand at freemail.hu
Sun May 25 20:32:56 UTC 2014

Dear Colleagues,

I've just purchased a Lenovo G780 laptop. Setting single graphical card in
BIOS only an Intel HD 4000 onboard chipset is available. I've managed to
install FreeBSD-10.0r.to an external usb3 hdd. It is doing a very nice
job, even a beautiful Mate desktop is achieved. But, when I want to fall
back to console from desktop I am left with a blank screen that
practically stays for ever. From that very moment I could intervene only from a neighbouring box
of my home network. So I got suspicuous and one day later I installed a PCBSD-10.0 to that
hdd, but unfortunately experienced the same result.
My question, did anyone of you manage to install FreeBSD-10.0 to that type of
laptop with success? I am interested in a solution, in a workaround...
Any help would be highly appreciated.

Some additional information, amd64, .xinitrc/startx used.

Regards, Istvan

--
Mailer used: Mutt/1.4.2.3.i on OpenBSD 4.9 GENERIC#671 i386 box,
GPG: A0CC7A50 | F191 5396 9D6E 986D 6DCD B00E 730C 695C A0CC 7A50