Latest 9.2-RELEASE-p5 update keeps wanting to install /boot/kernel/linker.hints

Reed A. Cartwright cartwright at asu.edu
Fri May 16 05:00:23 UTC 2014

Turns out I was wrong.  It didn't fix the linker.hints issue, although
it fixed other issues on my machine with the update.

On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 4:56 PM, Doug Sampson <dougs at dawnsign.com> wrote:
>> I did this to fix it:
>>
>> mv /boot/kernel/linker.hints /tmp
>> freebsd-update fetch
>> freebsd-update install
>>
>> Now if you already updated and freebsd-update doesn't want to do it again
>> you can try
>>
>> mv /boot/kernel/linker.hints /tmp
>> freebsd-update rollback
>> freebsd-update fetch
>> freebsd-update install
>>

> Doesn't work for me either way.
>
> I've tried rolling back three times to no effect on one server.
>
> What now?
>
> ~Doug

Reed A. Cartwright, PhD
Assistant Professor of Genomics, Evolution, and Bioinformatics
School of Life Sciences
Center for Evolutionary Medicine and Informatics
The Biodesign Institute
Arizona State University