error updating with portmaster

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at gmail.com
Thu May 15 12:07:07 UTC 2014

Dear folks,

I am encountering an error when updating ports using portmaster.

A message appears that the port is already installed and does not
update, I have switched to pkgng tools and encountered this before but
it fixed itself on two other machines.

===>  Building package for pcre-8.34_1
Creating package /usr/ports/devel/pcre/work/pkg/pcre-8.34_1.tbz
Registering depends:.
Creating bzip'd tar ball in '/usr/ports/devel/pcre/work/pkg/pcre-8.34_1.tbz'
===>  Installing for pcre-8.34_1
===>  Checking if devel/pcre already installed
===>   pcre-8.34_1 is already installed
      You may wish to ``make deinstall'' and install this port again
      by ``make reinstall'' to upgrade it properly.
      If you really wish to overwrite the old port of devel/pcre
      without deleting it first, set the variable "FORCE_PKG_REGISTER"
      in your environment or the "make install" command line.
*** [check-already-installed] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/pcre.
*** [install] Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/pcre.

===>>> Installation of pcre-8.34_1 (devel/pcre) failed
===>>> Aborting update

===>>> Update for devel/pcre failed
===>>> Aborting update

===>>> Update for math/gnuplot failed
===>>> Aborting update

===>>> Killing background jobs
Terminated

===>>> You can restart from the point of failure with this command line:
       portmaster <flags> math/gnuplot devel/pcre graphics/plotutils
x11-toolkits/open-motif devel/libtool graphics/jpeg x11-fonts/libXfont
textproc/libxml2 www/libxul audio/soundtouch devel/dbus-glib
devel/gettext lang/gcc print/harfbuzz security/nss x11-toolkits/gtk20
textproc/py-libxml2 devel/py-setuptools27 graphics/tiff textproc/flex
ftp/lftp x11-toolkits/py-gtk2 devel/libglade2 emulators/qemu-devel
devel/sdl12 security/cyrus-sasl2 security/gnutls graphics/webp

===>>> Exiting

Now I hope that the issue fixes itself, but it is not doing so for the
past two weeks.  Is there a nice fix so I can overcome these
difficulties?

Best Regards && Thanks in Advance

Antonio