enough already ..

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Fri May 2 06:10:03 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2 May 2014 09:00:01 +0800, Erich Dollansky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 1 May 2014 21:26:24 +0200
> Polytropon <freebsd at edvax.de> wrote:
> [...]
> > understand the situation correctly. The target addresses have
> > been harvested from "outside the list", probably a "web copy"
>
> No, it must be from the list itself. I even have the impression that
> the sending is triggered manually as only a very low percentage of
> mails result in spam. The moment a thread is selected, I get for every
> response to this threat a single spam-mail.

With "outside the list" I meant that the spammer doesn't seem
to have "entire access" such as a list server operator would
have. What's strange is that some messages cause an immediate
spam "reply", others don't. And if a "reply" is done, it happens
quite quickly, so it's possible that the harvester is subscribed
to the list (to receive messages), or he quickly scrapes new
entries to the "web copy" of the list (the one of FreeBSD, or
a mirror maintained by a 3rd party). This is what I meant by
"outside of the list", in combination with the fact that the
spammer does not send the messages _to_ the list. I haven't
examined the topic very accurately so this is just a guess.
Pressing DEL every few days is still sufficient here. ;-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany