list junk, was ZFS on Hardware RAID controller (fwd)

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Fri Mar 28 16:53:14 UTC 2014

In article <alpine.BSF.2.00.1403280938500.62528 at helix.wtfayla.net> you write:

>Is there a spambot on the list somehow? Or did a subscriber's device get pwned?

For some foolish reason, this list forwards all mail from anyone, rather than
limiting posts to subscribed addresses.

The list managers apparently believe that's pointless because spammers
will go to the effort of subscribing to get their spam through.  Two
decades of experience says they won't, but what do I know?

R's,
John