Any Ideas on how to determine what process has a ZFS snapshot resource busy

dweimer dweimer at dweimer.net
Fri Mar 28 16:31:57 UTC 2014

I have a ZFS snapshot on one of my systems that was created Tuesday as
part of its backup process, however it didn't delete as it was supposed
to.  Attempts to destroy it return "cannot destroy snapshot ...: dataset
is busy", I have confirmed that the backup process didn't hang, it
completed successfully, all the other snapshots were destroyed.  I can't
seem to find anything that shows something is currently accessing the
snapshot.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to find out what process is
accessing the snapshot preventing it from being destroyed?

--
Thanks,
    Dean E. Weimer