Buffalo Firewire 1TB HD

Matthew Pherigo hybrid120 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 16:06:08 UTC 2014

Got it. If it's a Mac, then NTFS won't be natively supported – however, I think exFAT is (Basically, FAT without the archaic limits).

If you'd like to format it as UFS, follow this tutorial to let the Mac view it through FUSE: https://wiki.gutzmann.com/confluence/plugins/servlet/mobile#content/view/6651931

If you want to use exFAT, you can do something like this to get exFAT support in FreeBSD:
pkg install fusefs-exfat
echo 'fuse_enable="YES"' >> /etc/rc.conf
reboot

--Matt