jails again:outbound connections.

Littlefield, Tyler tyler at tysdomain.com
Tue Mar 25 23:15:03 UTC 2014

hello all:
I'm having a lot of issues with jails. Here is what I set up:
an alias on em0 with ip 192.168.0.2, netmask 244.244.244.0, bcast
192.168.0.255.
I enabled IP forwarding through sysctl.
the jail was created on the 192.168.0.2 address,and I am able to connect
from the host to the jail. E.g: I can telnet to a listening service on
the jail from the host. I am, however unable to connect out. I have a
few questions:
1) I enabled raw sockets in security.jail, but am still unable to
traceroute out. I was trying this to see if perhaps my connections were
getting out and perhaps OVH/Soyoustart was not letting the packet
through. I am unsure if the alias will translate packets from
192.168.0.2, but it seems uncertain that it would.
2) Given this, do I need to set something else up through DNAT? Do I
have to do something special for processing of outbound packets?
3) If not, any other advice on troubleshooting would beaawesome.

Thanks in advance for the help. I am sorry for all the questions--I've
been staring at this for 3+ days now with no luck.
Thanks again,

--
Take care,
Ty