Using pkg with build options

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sun Mar 23 14:02:13 UTC 2014

On Sun, 23 Mar 2014 13:53:09 +0000 (UTC), Darrell Betts wrote:
>    Currently have FreeBSD 9.2 installed. I would like to start using pkg
>    install but I can't find how to use it with build options like the old
>    make install clean method. Can anyone share a light on this?

Basically, you cannot do this. The new pkg obsoletes the
traditional pkg_* tools which operate on binary packages
which get built (by FreeBSD build systems) using the
corresponding port's default settings.

If you need to use custom-configured packages (build via
"make install clean" or using a port management tool
such as portmaster), this does currently not integrate
that well with pkg. However, "poudriere" is a solution:
You build packages with your own options and can _then_
use that package source with pkg.

Here's a summary: https://wiki.freebsd.org/PkgPrimer

--
Polytropon