Libreoffice Calc on FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE draws gibberish

Marco Beishuizen mbeis at xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 22 13:52:04 UTC 2014

On Sat, 22 Mar 2014, the wise Jeff Tipton wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I installed Libreocffice with pkg (so, build options are default) on
> FreeBSD 10, and almost as soon as I use mouse, the spreadsheet area
> fails severy -- draws some cells and tooltips in mutiple places, breaks
> rows and creates complete mess. Is this a known issue? (I didn't find
> anything on that topic) Any ideas?

Hello Jeff,

I'm having similar problems with calc for quite some time. When scrolling
in calc, the screen doesn't seem to refresh, resulting in a mess. And when
entering data in cells, the cell looks empty but the data is actually
there.

I'm running FreeBSD 9.2-STABLE with a Nvidia Quadro 600 and LO was built
from ports.

At first I thought it was a display driver thing but after some googling
on "libreoffice scrolling problem" it looks more like a LO problem. Some
people have this with writer, but in my case it's with calc only.

Regards,
Marco
--
All laws are simulations of reality.