Another case of the vanishing disk

Erich Dollansky erichsfreebsdlist at alogt.com
Sat Mar 22 01:24:02 UTC 2014

Hi,

I would test the disks in a different setup. Can you connect them to a
different machine? Not in one go but disk by disk.

Can you run the original machine just with one disk using UFS?

As and example: I have here one disk from a broken machine which gives
problems in my new machine. I do not think that the disk also got
broken the moment the other machine died. So, I will keep the disk
until I can use it in a different environment.

With other words: strange things happen ones in a while.

Erich