freebsd 7.4 stable update problem

Alexandre axelbsd at ymail.com
Fri Mar 21 14:47:03 UTC 2014

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 2:27 PM, tethys ocean <tethys.ocean at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using FreeBSD 7.4 in my some servers. Recently I want to add some pkg
> to my servers so these pkg can't install and ask updating than I should
> have to update my server, after rebooting my ports and port index can't
> find...
>
> Now How can I update my server and how can I get my stable ports, and also
> new pkg..
>
> Neither portupgrade nor portsnap or orther function isn't working now
>
> How Can I find FreeBS 7.4 stable port and how can I get it to my server ..
> also How can I update my server.
>
> regards
>
> --
> Share now a pigeon's flight
> Bluebound along the ancient skies,
> Its women forever hair and mammal,
> A Mediterranean town may arise
> If you rip apart a pigeon's heart.

Hi,

FreeBSD 7-Stable is not supported anymore [1]
Please follow the handbook chapter [2] to upgrade your base system to a
supported branch.
After this action, you must reinstall ALL your ports.

[1]: http://www.freebsd.org/security/
[2]: http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/updating-upgrading.html

Kind regards,
Alexandre