web/app hosting:protecting yourself

Littlefield, Tyler tyler at tysdomain.com
Thu Mar 20 07:21:32 UTC 2014

hello all:
I had a quick question. I am looking at doing some app hosting for some
specific apps, where the user will modify their service and host it with
me. I can impose resource limitations pretty easily, but I'd like to
know how hosts handle traffic control.
For example, lets say my user (bob) gets an account and then sends 5000
emails out through an open relay. I might get a message about this.
Since monitoring network traffic is not practical (and breaks a ton of
privacy issues), what sorts of solutions do people have for handling
this sort of thing? How do hosts insure that users are on good behavior?

I would like to do this in such a wa y that: I am protected and my
users' privacy is not shattered.

Thanks,

--
Take care,