Monitor IO performance

jv jv at yeaguy.com
Mon Mar 17 15:17:23 UTC 2014

Here is a comparison for you:

[vic at yeaguy ~] uname -a
FreeBSD yeaguy.com 10.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE #0 r260789: Thu Jan
16 22:34:59 UTC 2014 root at snap.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
amd64
[vic at yeaguy ~] sudo ioping -R /tmp

--- /tmp (ufs /dev/ada0p4) ioping statistics ---
1.5 k requests completed in 3.0 s, 516 iops, 2.0 MiB/s
min/avg/max/mdev = 187 us / 1.9 ms / 12.5 ms / 2.8 ms
[vic at yeaguy ~]