Help with SMTP AUTH

jcv jv at yeaguy.com
Sat Mar 15 18:23:01 UTC 2014

On Sat, 15 Mar 2014, Drew Tomlinson wrote:

> I'm running FreeBSD 10 with Postfix 2.11, Cyrus SASL 2.1.26, and saslauthd
> 2.1.26 .  I've followed various tutorials on the Net and even checked my
> current configs against backups from a machine that died but used to run smtp
> auth successfully.
>
> I've also tested using testsaslauthd and get the OK message:
>
> *|testsaslauthd -u/<username>/  -p/<password>/|*
> 0: OK "Success."
>
> I'm wondering if Postfix is even attempting to query saslauthd.  I'm not sure
> how to tell.  Should I see something in my maillog?  This is all I see in my
> log when testing:
>
> Mar 15 10:56:38 blacklamb postfix/smtpd[85529]: connect from unknown[X.X.X.X]
> Mar 15 10:56:39 blacklamb postfix/smtpd[85529]: Anonymous TLS connection
> established from unknown[X.X.X.X]: TLSv1 with cipher ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA
> (256/256 bits)
> Mar 15 10:56:39 blacklamb postfix/smtpd[85529]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from
> unkno
> wn[X.X.X.X]: 454 4.7.1 <drew.tomlinson@<removed>.com>: Relay access denied;
> from=<drew at mykitchentable.net> to=<drew.tomlinson@<removed>.com> proto=ESMTP
> helo=<[127.0.0.1]>
>
> Any help on where to begin to solve this would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Drew
>
> --
> Like card tricks?
>
> Visit The Alchemist's Warehouse to
> learn card magic secrets for free!
>
> http://alchemistswarehouse.com

does saslauthd bypass postfix main.cf completly??

whats does your main.cf config look like?

the smtpd part where your getting denied.. Im fooling around with dovecot
imap and postfix got it running but.. I see TLS everywhere except when i
send to my relayhost..  but im thinking sasl auth encrypting that part.

you have anything like this:

smtpd_sasl_type = dovecot
smtpd_sasl_path = private/auth
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_sasl_local_domain = $mydomain
smtpd_sasl_tls_security_options = noanonymous