pkg equivalent of "pkg_info -R"

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Fri Mar 7 14:59:46 UTC 2014

On 03/07/14 00:40, Randy Pratt wrote:

>> I know "pkg info -r xxx", but this will just list ports which *directly*
>> depend on xxx. I could find no way to get indirect dependents too.
>>
>> Is there something I'm missing? Any additional utility I can install?
>
> I think what you're looking for is "pkg query %ro xxx".

Doesn't work here.

An example:

> # pkg query %ro gnutls
> net/glib-networking
> multimedia/ffmpeg

Of course:
> # pkg query %ro glib-networking
> devel/libsoup
> devel/libsoup-gnome

> # pkg query %ro libsoup
> devel/libsoup-gnome
> x11/xfce4-screenshooter-plugin
> www/webkit-gtk2
> graphics/gimp-app
> devel/gvfs

So, in the end, what I'm looking for is a tool which shows that, as an
example, gimp-app and xfce4-screenshooter-plugin require gnutls.

I could easily achieve this with "pkg_info -R gnutls\*", back in the old
days.

> Note that it only lists run
> dependencies since build dependencies are irrelevant with packages.

Fine: that would exactly be what I was looking for.

  bye & Thanks
	av.