a low-level question; and one about ASCII solitaire [klondike]

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Thu Mar 6 00:17:16 UTC 2014

=====
Of_Interest: With 27 years  of service  to the  Unix  community.

On Wed, Mar 05, 2014 at 05:36:57PM -0600, Mark Felder wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 5, 2014, at 16:37, Gary Kline wrote:
> > anybody know where the ASCII klondike prog
> > 	is?   ...save my shoulder.
> >

> The ports tree subversion repository goes back as far as you want. I
> have been poking around but don't see anything that looks like your
> game, but maybe you'll recognize the port name if you see it yourself.
> You can either do an svn checkout and specify a very early revision or
> browse it through the svnweb:
>
> http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/?pathrev=500
>
> That will show you revision 500 of the ports tree from back in 1994.
>
> Hope that helps

	thanks, mark, but I spent several *hours* digging thru the
	collection of games from the fbsd ports tree.  it was called
	"sol"-- or else I renamed the makefile.  ---then again, it
	may have NOT Been a BSD program.  [?]  I have found a solitaire
	game that plays in the terminal.  or  console using twm.

	gary

	ps. I am not/never have been much into "games": this was/remains
	the exception. :_)

             Twenty-seven years of service to the Unix community.