a low-level question; and one about ASCII solitaire [klondike]

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Wed Mar 5 22:38:53 UTC 2014

=====
Of_Interest: With 27 years  of service  to the  Unix  community.

	guys,

	two, three weeks ago, I wrote this list about a solitaire
	game that did not involved X; it was simply ASCII: I found
	it in ports around 1994-5 and played it on breaks, etc, etc.
	--i *still* want to ask if anybody remembers playing Klondike
	where "9D"  == "9 of diamonds" and "KC" == "king of clubs";
	because it was easy to play and required only "hjkl" and
	"spacebar."  but I just watched a short TED video that I
	believe everyone  should watch.

	I've been meaning to pose a more serious qstn about public-key
	encryption.  like:: will phil zimmerman's program still be
	unbreakable for at least a few centuries?   --Sidebar: when I
	first taught myself C {circa 1979} an early  program did
	encryption.  it was slow on the pdp-11/70, but unless you
	guessed the password, you were 99.97% out of luck.  sadly, like
	the solitaire program, it got lost.

	Anyway, watch the following on "gov't surveillance, then read
	on. It mentions Linux as a target; that finally got me to write

http://on.ted.com/a038u

	===

	other than the stuff on jottings.thought.org that may be
	"found" in a hundred years, I dont have much worth looking
	at.  I have//have HAD a hardware firewall for years, &c, &c.
	So: has any *BSD wizard invented any new crypto-ware *yet*.
	more important: anybody know where the ASCII klondike prog
	is?   ...save my shoulder.

	tia, y'all,

	gary

             Twenty-seven years of service to the Unix community.