poudriere data lost

Christopher J. Ruwe cjr at cruwe.de
Tue Mar 4 20:18:32 UTC 2014

On Tue, 4 Mar 2014 11:20:43 +0100
Albert Shih <Albert.Shih at obspm.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I create a poudriere jail, and everything work, I got my list of
> package inside a zfs partition.
>
> After reboot all jail/zfs partition is mounted but the partition data
> (also mounted)
>
>     poudriere/data/packages/poudriere10R-default
>
> is empty. So I need to rebuild all packages.
>
> Is it some feature of poudriere ? Or I made some mistake ?
>
> Regards.

I am not sure that I read correctly what you are saying.

So, you installed poudriere, created a jail _and_ compiled a bulk
compile (poudriere bulk) for all your packages? These got built and
are gone after reboot?

I never whitnessed that. If you did not run a bulk compile, this is
expected. If you did run a bulk compile, what dataset was mounted at
poudriere/data/packages/poudriere10R-default at that time? Look there
for your packages.

Cheers,
- --
Christopher

TZ:         GMT + 1h
GnuPG/GPG:  0xE8DE2C14

FreeBSD 10.0-STABLE #0 r262291+cf0fa48(stable/10): Sat Feb 22 02:01:26
CET 2014 cjr at dijkstra.hb22.cruwe.de:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC

Punctuation matters:
"Lets eat Grandma or Lets eat, Grandma" - Punctuation saves lives.
"A panda eats shoots and leaves" or "A panda eats, shoots, and leaves" -
Punctuation teaches proper biology.

"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not
necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to
land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly
overhead." (RFC 1925)