what should uname -v be telling me here?

Paul Beard paulbeard at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 14:38:04 UTC 2014

> On Jun 27, 2014, at 6:54 AM, Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org> wrote:
>
> You're clearly not booting from the same kernel that shows up as
> /boot/kernel/kernel, so it sounds as though you're booting from
> a different partition than whatever is showing up as /boot/kernel
> once the system is up.

Yeah, that's the puzzle for me. There are two internal disks and one external, as the main/boot disk started to fail and I turned the internal clone I kept updated into the boot disk. What I can't figure out is how to change the boot disk without sitting in front of the console or even find out what it is. It should be booting and running on ad3 where it used to be ad2. ad2 in in the chassis but not doing anything, just spinning. sysctl will reveal the booting kernel but does it reveal the boot device?