selecting git(hub) tag menu in freebsd port

CeDeROM cederom at tlen.pl
Thu Jun 26 09:02:08 UTC 2014

Hello :-)

Its nice to have easy git(hub) support in the ports [1]. Still I am
wondering on how to solve stable vs devel problem. Is it possible to
have list of tags in the make config step? I would like to have one
port to build the stable package (tag) and also to build/test the
devel (head) package :-)

I would like to create a menu in the port build makefile that would
allow to select desired release/tag/branch (i.e. create list of tags
to select during the build before git pull). There would be a "stable"
or "release" tag selected by default to build the latest release..

Any hints welcome :-)
Tomek

[1] http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/makefile-distfiles.html#makefile-master_sites-github-description