Mount freebsd file systems during pxe boot using NFS

amine tay amine.tay91 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 13:58:19 UTC 2014

Hello, everyone ,

I have a little problem that took me 3 days of work and still no result or
solution.
I am trying to pxe boot a FreeBSD 9.2 i386 on a virtual machine. Everything
is ok on my DHCP , TFTP and NFS server.

DHCP :
option root-path is set

TFTP:
my pxebot file

NFS :
/etc/exports file is filled with tha path of the image

Once the client is booted it hangs when trying to mount system files as it
is shown in the image attached.

Also in my FreeBSD kernel I have : option NFS_ROOT
I don't know what's the problem. and I commented out the /etc/fstab

/etc/fstab (of FreeBSD image)
#/dev/iso9660/FREEBSD_INSTALL  / cd9660 ro 0 0

Thank you in advance for your help.