periodic: condensing mails

Littlefield, Tyler tyler at tysdomain.com
Tue Jun 17 19:54:25 UTC 2014

Hello all:
I was reading this article:
http://deranfangvomende.wordpress.com/2014/05/11/freebsd-periodic-mails-vs-monitoring/
where it mentions this:
I found turning off certain things like the “security mail” also
disables portaudit DB updates. But I just changed my portaudit call to
include the download.
Somehow I had assumed that *update* would be separate from *report*.
Is this still an issue? If so, how have people fixed it? I'm looking at
condensing this (I'm dumping all failed ssh logins into a blacklist, so
I don't need to know about them). I get a lot of material and sometimes
it's a ton to read through.

Thanks,

--
Take care,