Building /usr/doc

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Mon Jun 16 13:33:05 UTC 2014

"Thomas Mueller" <mueller6724 at bellsouth.net> writes:

> I checked online FreeBSD Handbook, but the part about the doc tree was mainly about editing rather than building.

I don't see that at all. The "Updating Documentation from Source"
section covers all the steps for downloading (via svn) and building the
documentation from its source files. The "Updating Documentation from
Ports" section covers all the steps you need for just installing recent
pre-built copies of the documentation. Neither one talks about editing
those files at all, but the chapter introduction points you to the FDP
Primer, a separate (and extensive) document covering what you need to
know to make changes.