pkg/poudriere: unwanted dependencies

Joseph Mingrone jrm at ftfl.ca
Thu Jun 12 06:27:48 UTC 2014

Gregory Orange <gregory.orange at calorieking.com> writes:

> Hi Joseph,
>
> On 09/06/14 15:01, Joseph Mingrone wrote:
>>> Would you mind elaborating a little on what you know about this? I've got Perl
>>
>> Try putting a DEFAULT_VERSIONS entry in
>> /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/make.conf.  For example, try
>> DEFAULT_VERSIONS=perl5=5.14.  I also removed all other repositories
>> aside from my poudriere repository and things began behaving as
>> expected when I did a pkg install/upgrade.
>
> Ah, excellent. I hadn't updated ports for a while and hadn't seen anything about
> DEFAULT_VERSIONS. Perl now builds correctly, thank you. I'm now having trouble
> with databases/db* though, and I wonder where I might hunt for documentation on
> these options?

You can't specify an entry for databases/db* in DEFAULT_VERSIONS yet.
Until then you can use something like WITH_BDB_VER=6+ in your
make.conf.  The way I usually figure these things out is by looking
under Mk/ in the top level of the ports directory.  You might also find
MAKE.CONF(5) helpful.

Joseph