FreeBSD rc service management future

Stefan Parvu sparvu at systemdatarecorder.org
Wed Jun 11 16:20:30 UTC 2014

Hi,

Today I was reading about RHEL 7 and systemd. A mess. I  believe it is
complex, hard to manage and understand and you have no control when things
go wrong.

Anyway I was thinking to ask if FreeBSD has any plans to move away from rc(8)
service management in near future ? I read a bit about porting launchd from Apple
to FreeBSD (? why that it is designed for desktop and handling laptops, desktops) .

rc works, it is simple, easy to configure and reliable. I would not want more from
my machines for this part.

Thanks,

--
Stefan Parvu <sparvu at systemdatarecorder.org>