kernel: acpi_perf0: Px transition to 3000 failed kernel: acpi_perf0: set freq failed, err 6

Paul openletter at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 9 01:18:39 UTC 2014

Hello!

I'm attempting my first use of FreeBSD via an install of pfSense 2.1.3, which runs on FreeBSD 8.3, AFAIK.

I am getting the following entries over and over in my logs:

Jun 8 18:06:19 kernel: acpi_perf0: Px transition to 3000 failed
Jun 8 18:06:19 kernel: acpi_perf0: set freq failed, err 6

Perhaps some useful info:

$ dmesg | grep -i cpu
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2992.59-MHz K8-class CPU)
FreeBSD/SMP: Multiprocessor System Detected: 2 CPUs
 cpu0 (BSP): APIC ID:  0
 cpu1 (AP/HT): APIC ID:  1
cpu0: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
cpu1: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
acpi_perf0: <ACPI CPU Frequency Control> on cpu0
p4tcc0: <CPU Frequency Thermal Control> on cpu0
est1: <Enhanced SpeedStep Frequency Control> on cpu1
est: CPU supports Enhanced Speedstep, but is not recognized.
est: cpu_vendor GenuineIntel, msr f2700000f27
p4tcc1: <CPU Frequency Thermal Control> on cpu1
SMP: AP CPU #1 Launched!

While using Ubuntu, this same machine had a microcode issue reported in the syslog, but I was able to fix it using a package called intel-microcode. I'm not sure if this FreeBSD issue is similarly related, but it would be great if someone can point in the right direction.

Thanks!

Paul