Using poudriere to test KDE 4.12

Jamie Paul Griffin jmzgriffin at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 09:21:46 UTC 2014

In light of recents problems i've experienced with trying to upgrade my
KDE installation, I thought I might use poudriere to build it all and test it.

I need to rebuild the X server including WITH_NO_XORG=yes set in
make.conf and obviously all the KDE 4.12 ports.

I've not used poudriere before so, if I do this once the software is built
into usable packages will I be able to install them to test them out? if it
works out i'll stick with them; if not, will I be able to revert to the older
set of packages if needed?

Thanks for reading,

Jamie.