pkg broken? Unable to install packages...

Charlie cwr at SDF.ORG
Thu Jul 31 01:07:24 UTC 2014

On Tue, 29 Jul 2014, Roland Smith wrote:

> Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 20:57:23 +0200
> From: Roland Smith <rsmith at xs4all.nl>
> To: Charlie <cwr at SDF.ORG>
> Cc: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
> Subject: Re: pkg broken? Unable to install packages...
>
> On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 10:20:16PM +0000, Charlie wrote:
>> Hello list!
>>
>> I'm running 10-RELEASE x64, and all of a sudden I can't seem to install
>> any packages.
>>
>> No matter which package I attempt to install, the result is similar:
>
> Don't know if it is related, but there has been some breakage in pkg lately.
> Version 1.3.3 has hit the ports tree just now. You might want to try and
> install that from ports.
>
> If you build from ports, it uses the newly-built pkg-static inside the port
> for installation, so it should work.
>
> Roland
> --
> R.F.Smith                                   http://rsmith.home.xs4all.nl/
> [plain text _non-HTML_ PGP/GnuPG encrypted/signed email much appreciated]
> pgp: 5753 3324 1661 B0FE 8D93  FCED 40F6 D5DC A38A 33E0 (keyID: A38A33E0)

Hey Roland,

Thanks for the reply. I tried what you suggested -- updating pkg to the
latest version via ports -- but no luck. Same errors as before, no matter
what I'm trying to install or update.

Help!

Thanks,

Charlie