deciding UFS vs ZFS

krad kraduk at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 08:23:25 UTC 2014

you are correct, however if you can afford to put big drives like that one
a system you can afford to match up a far more modern cpu with the drives
with a decent amount of ram. Something like the hp microserver is little
more than £100 and is more than capable of handling zfs. 5-6 year old 2nd
had kit is as well and it probably cheaper. Also your going to have to get
pretty creative to get a modern sata/sas drive to work in an ((e)*isa|mca)
based board, which will nullify any cost saving of using decades old
hardware.