affordable NAS

Littlefield, Tyler tyler at tysdomain.com
Sat Jul 26 18:40:22 UTC 2014

Hello all:
I was looking at the NAS minis, and while they look amazing they're also
way expensive. I was interested to see if someone has a good solution
for a cheap small NAS system that I could either build or purchase that
wouldn't cost nearly as much. I'm looking for freebsd-compatible
hardware with at least a gigabit ethernet card. I'll be dropping in the
harddrives, I'm thinking raid 10 (though it doesn't have to be--I just
wanted the striping for a larger disk space plus redundancy via mirror),
with maybe 4 2 tb drives.

I'll be using stock FreeBSD on this: I have no clue how accessible the
FreeNAS web frontend or any of the other software would be for something
like this with a screen reader. Any thoughts/ideas would be awesome.

Thanks,

--
Take care,
Ty