About the black screen (Otherwise solved) Re: All of a sudden, problems with X

Mario Lobo lobo at bsd.com.br
Tue Jul 22 21:19:45 UTC 2014

On Tue, 22 Jul 2014 13:10:41 -0600 (MDT)
Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Jul 2014, Mario Lobo wrote:
>
> > I solved it by deleting /usr/src and doing
> >
> > svn checkout
> > https://svn0.us-east.freebsd.org/base/stable/10 /usr/src
> > Since I'm at work right now on this machine, do you think that just
> > for testing, a make kernel would suffice or do I need a full
> > buildworld for that?
>
> I'd do a full buildworld/kernel/installworld, since there was
> definitely something wrong with the previous checkout.  It might work
> otherwise, but if it does not work, it will be hard to tell why.

I rebooted with the new kernel and it all went ok. vt_vga is up!

But I'm rebuilding everything now.

Thanks !!!

--
Mario Lobo
http://www.mallavoodoo.com.br

"UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things,
because that would also stop you from doing clever things."