[Bulk] Installing a vulnerable port on FreeBSD 10

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Mon Jul 21 19:37:24 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-07-21 at 14:56 -0400, Andre Goree wrote:
> I'm trying to install linux-flashplugin

Currently I don't use FreeBSD, but I use Linux 24/7. On Linux I take
another rout. I don't use the proprietary flash crap. If really needed
("really needed" there never is a real need), I first try a current
version of firefox. Assumed firefox (HTML5) shouldn't be able to do what
I need, I try to use google-chrome-stable. If google-chrome-stable
shouldn't do what I need, I don't care.

Assumed FreeBSD shouldn't provide HTML5 and/or google-chrome-stable I
wouldn't care. Using Linux I'm free to use it, but I still dislike to do
it. Consider to ignore websites that require flash.

JFTR on Linux I prefer to use QupZilla, regarding to
https://github.com/QupZilla/qupzilla/wiki/FAQ it might cause issues on
FreeBSD, anyway, even on Linux QupZilla doesn't support flash thingies.

What is flash good for? It stands against everything FLOSS folks
(should) stand for. Whatever FLOSS OS we prefer regarding to our needs,
FreeBSD, Linux or whatever else. My needs are pro-audio, so Linux is the
better choice for me. "Pro-audio" indicates that media are important to
me, nevertheless I don't care if I'm able to use flash websites.

Drop Adobe's flash!

2 Cents,
Ralf