Need Complete Idiots Guide To Fixing My Ports

Matthew Seaman matthew at freebsd.org
Mon Jul 7 14:50:50 UTC 2014

On 07/07/14 15:29, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
> Is there some simple, 4 step process I can apply to my ports without having
> to resort to testing with poudriere and the like?  (Because I won't bother,
> I'll just quit supporting the FreeBSD ports model and release stuff
> on my own website ...)

1) Find a similar port which has already been updated.
2) Shamelessly crib all the newfangled bits.
3) Test via redports.org (or poudriere, which is in practice a lot less
grief to use than it seems at first glance.)
4) Profit!!!![*]

	Cheers,

	Matthew

[*] By which I mean: submit your updates via Bugzilla, wait for them to
be committed and then bask in the satisfaction of a job well done.