initialise ports tree (WAS: long string using find and "-exec ls -ls" to find part-of filename)

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Thu Jul 3 05:40:01 UTC 2014

On Mon, 30 Jun 2014 22:27:11 -0700, Gary Kline wrote:
> =====
> Of_Interest: With 27++ years  of service  to the  Unix  community.
>
> On Tue, Jul 01, 2014 at 10:09:20AM +0800, Gregory Orange wrote:
> > >
> > >You can either use the installation media or pull it from FTP:
> >
> > Why not use portsnap? It's just so easy.
> > http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/ports-using.html
> >
> > # portsnap fetch extract
>
> [...]
>
> 	"portsnap"; indeed.

This is probably the most convenient method both for initializing
and updating your ports tree if you don't need split-second deltas
(which only SVN can deliver). :-)

> I was betting that it wouldnt be there
> 	but yeah, zeus loves me.

It's an essential port of the _operating system_ itself.

Partially off-topic addition (which I think I can address to the list
in case a direct message doesn't come through): When using "reply all",
I got an error message from your MTA (via the relay of my ISP). This
is the message (trimmed):

<kline at thought.org>: host smtp.secureserver.net[68.178.213.203] said: 552 5.2.0
    This message has been rejected
    due to content judged to be spam by the internet community??IB212
    <http://x.co/crbounce> (in reply to end of DATA command)
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; smtp.secureserver.net
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 552 5.2.0
    This message has been rejected due to content judged to be spam by the
    internet community??IB212  <http://x.co/crbounce>

* end message *

The "Internet community" _judges_ message list replies spam?
I'm not sure. The reason is explained this way:

	The email message contains a link, attachment,
	or pattern caught by our filters as spam.

What "pattern" might that be? A code snippet? A stupid code
snippet? A HTTP or FTP link? As I said, I'm not sure.

Maybe you could check the settings of the installation handling
your mail?

thought.org mail is handled by 10 mailstore1.secureserver.net.
thought.org mail is handled by 0 smtp.secureserver.net.

Just to make sure you can continue receiving helpful replies
from this list... :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany