Haswell HD4600 graphics support

Arthur Chance freebsd at qeng-ho.org
Wed Jul 2 17:35:09 UTC 2014

[I'm not sure whether this should be on -questions or -x11, so I'm
starting with the more general mailing list.]

I'm getting a new box based on the Devil's Canyon i7-4790K CPU, which
has Intel HD4600 graphics built in. I intend to install 10-STABLE on it.
Everything I can find suggests that there's currently no support for
Haswell graphics in the X server, even with WITH_NEW_XORG defined and
vt(4) used instead of sc(4). Is there an estimated time of arrival for
such support?