8.4: move to pkgng - "No valid repository found."
the.lists at mgm51.com
Wed Jul 2 15:13:05 UTC 2014
I'm running FreeBSD 8.4. I want to move to the new package system
(I've been using it on 10.0, and I like it a lot).
Soooo... here's what I did.
- install /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg
- followed these instructions:
- switch to pkgng:
1) Add WITHOUT_PKGNG to /etc/make.conf
2) Install ports-mgmt/pkg
3) Convert your package database by running pkg2ng
4) Remove WITHOUT_PKGNG from /etc/make.conf
(btw,(1) above, I used "WITHOUT_PKGNG=YES" )
- pkg info
I see the list of packages installed
- pkg update
Updating repository catalogue
No valid repository found.
What did I do incorrectly? Or, more importantly, how do I get back
More information about the freebsd-questions