/usr/local/lib/compat/pkg/ cleanup ?

Maciej Suszko maciej at suszko.eu
Wed Jul 2 06:41:42 UTC 2014

On Sat, 28 Jun 2014 20:53:25 +0700
Victor Sudakov <vas at mpeks.tomsk.su> wrote:

> With "rm -rf /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg" you don't need all those
> sophisticated tools you mentioned above. A missing library will
> quickly make itself known :) and then you can forcible reinstall the
> affected packages.

Unless you do it remotely, using openssh from ports which might be
affected... then you have a problem :)

I usually do it like that:

1) find /usr/local -type f -print0 | xargs -0 ldd > /tmp/ldds
2 ) search the ldds file for "not found" or "compat"
3) find what packages affected files belongs to
4) recompile affected packages

Alright, I know that in 1) the ldd command is checking much more than
it has to, but running this on a system with ~1000 packages should take
less than 10 minutes.
--
regards, Maciej Suszko.