1920x1080 With xorg Intel Driver On HD 4600

Christopher J. Ruwe cjr at cruwe.de
Thu Jan 30 11:34:16 UTC 2014

On Wed, 29 Jan 2014 09:25:37 +0800
Erich Dollansky <erichsfreebsdlist at alogt.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 28 Jan 2014 19:10:01 -0600
> Tim Daneliuk <tundra at tundraware.com> wrote:
>
> > I am trying to get X to jump into 1920x1080 on an i5-based system
> > with Intel HD 4600 video.  The intel driver seems to know nothing
> > about this chipset and vesa doesn't want to go that high in res.
> >
> > Ideas? Workarounds?
>
> I do not know about newer CPU versions as I have a second generation
> i7. I also have had to give X an hint via xorg.conf. But this was more
> than a year ago and should not be needed anymore.
>
> If your is a fourth generation i5, it could be that it is not fully
> supported yet. Just check the FreeBSD wiki regarding KMS, Intel etc.
>
> Erich

I do not know about your setup. I have a Thinkpad T440p with HD4600
internal GPU and Nvidia GeForce 730M dedicated. Currently, I can only
run VESA and can _only_ use 1920x1080.

Ports are compiled from revision=341507.

Hope that helps, cheers,
--
Christopher
TZ:         GMT + 1h

FreeBSD 9.2-STABLE #1 r256184: Thu Oct 10 19:12:54 CEST 2013
cjr at dijkstra.cruwe.de:/usr/obj/usr/home/cjr/media/src/freebsd/base/stable/9/sys/GEN_WDTRACE

Punctuation matters:
"Lets eat Grandma." or "Lets eat, Grandma." - Punctuation saves lives.
"A panda eats shoots and leaves." or "A panda eats, shoots, and
leaves." - Punctuation teaches proper biology.

"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not
necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to
land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly
overhead." (RFC 1925)