Force install function in PKGNG

Kenneth Hatteland kenneth.hatteland at kleppnett.no
Wed Jan 29 15:48:51 UTC 2014

My system always have had problems getting my HP cp1515n to work. But
installing HPLIP from ports, then installing HPIJS with pkg_add -rf will
get the correct PPDs to show up in CUPS.

  After swithcing to pkgng it does not seem to exist a force option so
I have to do all my prints on another machine, which is slightly
annoying. I have read man pages and googled but can not seem to find a
force funtion. Does anybody know about one or have a better way of
making the right PPDs install to get my printer going ? Having only
HPLIP, or HPIJS installed does not make this possible.

Thanks in advance, Kenneth Hatteland