Webcam in-built microphone problem

James Griffin jmzgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 12:16:45 UTC 2014

On 2014-01-28, Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea.de> wrote:

> What does show 'mixer' about?
>
> Btw: you can test recording with for example:
>
> # dd if=/dev/dsp of=/tmp/mastersVoice
>
> and play it back the same way switching if= and of=
>
> 	matthias

Hi matthias, mixer command shows this:

Mixer vol      is currently set to  75:75
Mixer pcm      is currently set to  75:75
Mixer speaker  is currently set to 100:100
Mixer line     is currently set to   1:1
Mixer mic      is currently set to  67:67
Mixer cd       is currently set to  74:74
Mixer mix      is currently set to 100:100
Mixer rec      is currently set to  72:72
Mixer igain    is currently set to   0:0
Mixer ogain    is currently set to 100:100
Mixer monitor  is currently set to  67:67
Recording source: cd

I looked at someones website, they described modifying a file
/compat/linux/etc/alsa/pcm/pcm-oss.conf - i haven't tried it yet, maybe
some settings in this will help?