[freebsd-questions] Re: [freebsd-questions] Re: weird error messages with various ports

Erich Dollansky erichsfreebsdlist at alogt.com
Mon Jan 27 12:30:12 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 13:10:12 +0100
_1126 <lists at elfsechsundzwanzig.de> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 08:03:26PM +0800, Erich Dollansky wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 12:49:19 +0100
> > _1126 <lists at elfsechsundzwanzig.de> wrote:

> > > Three days old.
> > >
> > ok, get the latest one and try again. If it still does not work, I
> > could give you the revision number of my working ports tree.
>
> It still does not work. However, I do not have a revision number,
> IIUC, because I'm updating my ports with portsnap and not with svn,
> right? I might try to checkout ports anew and see whether that works
> then.

of course.

You might should consider to switch to svn and portupgrade. There is
one advantage of this pair. Portupgrade does not leave you with a
machine that cannot be used anymore. The worst case is that no port
gets upgraded but your machine still works. Svn has the advantage that
you can chose your port 'version' if the current revision does not work
for you.

Anyway, some other reported the same problem with a current ports tree.
I have the revision number 341159 in case of you want to try.

Erich